Keeping your mouth safe from the dangers that exist within includes making sure your gums are always healthy and clean. Periodontal disease, also known as gum disease, is an oral health condition that results from an infection in your gums. Look for the following conditions to arise, as they are common signs and symptoms of gum disease:
– Have you ever been diagnosed with gum disease before, including early stages such as gingivitis?
– Does there appear to be blood spotting on your toothbrush or dental floss thread while cleaning your mouth?
– Are your gums swollen, red, or flush with color?
– Ask yourself if you’ve noticed frequent bouts of bad breath that have been afflicting you, or if you have been experiencing dry mouth recently.
– Are you currently partaking in unhealthy habits such as smoking or chewing tobacco?
– Do your gums appear to be highly sensitive to touch, and are your teeth loose and wobbly?
If any of these symptoms are present, it could be an indication of gum disease. If you are interested in treatment for gum disease, we are here to assist you. For a complete diagnosis and treatment, please contact American Dental Associates to book an appointment with Dr. Dhiraj Sharma and our team at our dentist office in Chicago, Illinois. Call us at 773-284-1645. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for!